It’s time to make those pesky New Year’s Resolutions for the blog again. Here are some of them:
1) I want to read about seventy-five books next year. A realistic goal, I think given the fact my work schedule can be unpredictable and sometimes I need a breather. It’s a little bigger than last year’s goal which I finished ridiculously early.
2) Try to save more $. Yeah, probably not going to happen. I intend to continue my TBR pile feature, to sort of weed out preorders. My library’s website now features a new release request tab and I’m exploiting it to the fullest. Oh, and I’ll continue to use Netgalley and Edelweiss too. Though both those sites can be hit and miss-especially Edelweiss.
3) Go to a book signing. My eyes are set on the Marissa Meyer signing this winter, since I have nothing signed by her and she’s supposed to do a signing that’s like thirty minutes from where I live-which is better than the hour I usually have to drive to signings. Also, it’s sort of a retry of a failed goal of 2014.
4) Try to get into more YA adaptations. Movies, TV shows, etc. And try to find good ones-this might be harder than it looks.
5) Be more forgiving to myself. If I hate a book or series, I shouldn’t guilt myself into reading x amount of pages before giving up. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work.
6) Try to limit drunk reviews. I’m sure they’re going to happen, but I really don’t want to do any drinking game series this year. Rather, I want to binge read series I actually like.
7) Try not to get sucked up by it’s like so and so. Remember, it’s more than likely not going to be like so and so. Don’t buy a book just because it’s like so and so. If it does mention fandoms your obsessed with, but it has a lot of bad reviews……library it.
8) Princess Diaries Challenge. Since I’m going to be reading the adult princess diaries book this spring, I need to binge read on the series to catch up. And that includes the half books. I also plan on rereading the Mediator series later this year-early next year-since a sequel to that book is coming out as well.
9) Read for Fun. Sometimes I think I read too much to review than just to read. I think I’m going to try to change.
10) Try to do more innovative reviews. Yeah, it’s sort of a lame goal. But still, I always want to make each review more and more creative and still informative.