July is one of my least favorite months of the year. I am just not a summer fan, ya’ll. And from about July through really mid October it is ridiculously warm outside. June is pretty bad too, but July is high summer. However, reading wise…well, it’s pretty good since I have a lot of books to catch up on and more preorders to read.
- Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson: A stempunk alternative history. What’s not there to love. Plus, it almost seems a bit 4th of July to me. You know, if the British kicked the Americans butts, had magic, and all of that.
- The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: A lot of people really like this one. Plus, this one keeps being compared to Scandal. So, I’m really interested in seeing if the main character has an affair with the president. Or since it’s YA I guess it would be president’s son unless it’s a very creepy president (God hope not).
- Geek Girl: Model Misfit by Holly Smale: Because I enjoyed the first one so much and I need something to help me get over my my Royal Wedding hangover.
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee: Because I have a curiosity streak like a cat and I know my mom’s going to read it so if I don’t like it, it’s not going to go to waste.
- Every Last Breath by Jennifer L Armentrout: This is like my crack series and it’s ending. Waaah! I honestly, doubt the guy I voted for won, but I really don’t care this is one love triangle where I’ll be happy either way.
- Pretending to be Erica by Michelle Painchaud: Because changing your identity via plastic surgery is always a good thing.
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine: I’ve heard wonderful things about this one, so we’ll see.
Because Bastille Day is in July as well, I feel like celebrating by reading this.
Most Look Forward Book:
Because I am ridiculously curious. That’s why. It will either be truly wonderful or…I don’t want to think about the alternative.